Papastratos is a refurbished building, located in the junction of Mavromihali and Gravias Str. in Piraeus, Athens. The bulky steel frames in its front yard have been used as a resting area for the personnel, however the absence of any shading cover was creating an unpleasant environment, especially during the hot summer season.
The proposed solution by PRODROMIDIS NIKOLAOS & Co was the use of large shading shades which were going to be applied on the existing steel frames.
TEKTINN scope was to examine the frames in situ and submit a professional study, confirming the integrity of the structure under the load of shade sails. TEKTINN study included:
- Stress calculation and loads of the implemented shading sails
- Structural analysis of the existing steel frames under load combination
- Technical report to confirm the structural integrity of the frames
- Appendix with drawings and sketches
- Maintenance and operation manual
PRODROMIDIS NIKOLAOS & Co | Fabrication – Installation