This shelter was designed to cover the shading demands for Luminous café, one of the most prestigious cafeterias in Doha, located just outside the Four Seasons Hotel next to the main marina.
The client needed a fast-built, permanent and convenient solution as the strong winds in combination with the sea environment made the use of umbrellas impossible. Due to the trapezoid plan shape of the area it was relatively expensive to connect the columns with steel beams therefore the use of steel wire ropes was selected, keeping the whole structure stable and absolutely safe.
- Duration: 10 days
- Shading covers: PRODROMIDIS NIKOLAOS & Co
- Covered area: 110 sq.m
- Columns: Steel beam, section IPE 12O, grade S275
- Anchor bolts: M14 bolted with epoxy resin SIKA 80MPa
- Concrete foundations: 400x400x1000 mm
- Concrete type: Precast C20/25 reinforced, including anchor sockets
- Column connectors: Prestressed connected wire rope of 5 mm